Shri Guru Ram Rai Education Mission, Jhanda Mohalla, Dehradun, established Shri Guru Ram Rai Post Graduate College in 1960. Shri Guru Ram Rai Darbar Shaib is 350- years old philanthropic and religious organization with millions of followers and devotes within the country and abroad.
The mission is committed to the up lift of Socially and economically deprived masses of the Indian society. The origination is fully devoted for societal and humanitarian activities. It has 122 educational Institutes all over the country. The educational institutes of the organization are primary education Schools, Secondary and higher Secondary Schools, Public schools, Graduate and Post Graduate Colleges with BCA, BBA, B.Pharma, MCA, MBA and M.Pharma are the some of the landmarks of the organization. The Chair Person Shri Maharaj Mahant Devendradas ji is determined and devoted his life to the human service and uplift of socially and economically weakened towards the front line of the society.
The SGRR (PG) College was founded by Brahamleen Mahant Shri Indresh Charan Dasji Maharaj to enable the meritorious but poor students of Uttranchal and its neighboring states to realize their dreams of pursuing higher education at nominal cost. Starting with only three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) at graduate level, the college has made steady progress over the years. At present, at Post Graduate Level, subjects offered in Science stream are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, and Geology. In faculty of arts, postgraduate courses are available in English Literature, Hindi Literature Economics, Mathematics, History and Political Science. The college has also started Faculty of Agriculture; B.Sc. Agriculture, 4 year’s semester system from 2005, with well experienced faculties.
The College has a central library with 30,000 books of various subjects. The college has sufficient infrastructure to run another faculty of education. Shri Guru Ram Rai Education Mission has constructed a new building for the above stated purpose. This building is consisting of Principal’s room, staff room, office room, two lecture rooms, and gents/women toilets, Library, reading room, in all total 8 rooms are constructed for the College/Faculty of education.
The vision of the institution is to provide quality higher education to students hailing from urban, rural and hilly areas at the lowest possible fees. (This institutional vision is a part of the over-arching vision of the Founder of SGRR Education Mission Brahmaleen Pujya Indiresh Charan Das Ji Maharaj to provide "Education for All", under which low cost, high quality education is being provided to more than a lakh students from Primary to Ph.D level through its vast network of schools, colleges and technical institutions).
The mission of the institution is to translate Pujya Maharaj Ji's vision into reality by working towards the following goals:
- To make SGRR PG College a Centre of Excellence in Higher Education.
- To upgrade and expand the existing infrastructure and develop it into state of art infrastructure.
- To further diversify Life Sciences courses and to provide special impetus to research and training, especially in Agriculture, Life Sciences and Social Sciences.
- To start more self-sustaining courses which enable students to develop life-skills and enhance their job prospects.
- To provide the latest facilities in Sports to capitalize on the strong physical attributes of athletes hailing from rural and tribal areas.
- To channelize the energy of the youth by tapping their creative talents, so that they emerge as conscientious global citizens and compassionate human beings.
- The vision and mission of the institution is communicated to various stake holders through Prospectus, Web Pages, through meetings and lectures.